Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sometime scoble gives the appearance of the unassimilated, but occasionally his cloak slips.

RAA RAA MS, BOO Google

"...Advertisers go to where the audience is. Hotmail right now has more than 100 million ACTIVE users..."

Yup, thats right, Hotmail IS ALL ADS, thats pretty much all I see when I do my monthly hotmail account check, add that to the counterintuitive UI and once a month is all I can stomach, I only signed up because in the old days you needed too for Messenger. I prefer the Google level of saturation.

"...Also, we already know that Gmail isn't scalable. Ask Chris Uhlik. He runs the Gmail team. I did at O'Reilly's Foocamp last year. Ask him why they limit the number of invites you can send out. Chris told me it wasn't done for marketing reasons, but because they couldn't keep the quality of service up without limiting the number of users on the system..."

Well it is a BETA of an application, so maybe its a smart move to scale up slowly, so they can observe the behaviour of the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home