Friday, April 22, 2005

Inexplicably bad Windows behaviour #4535 in an infinite series...

Download a large file in IE, it will download the file to a temporary location, then copy to the location you specified when the download is complete. So not only do you require disk space twice that of the size of the file, if you are hitting enter in another app as the download finishes and the copy begins, the filecopy dialog takes the focus and your enter cancels the file copy!

Very nice work Microsoft, I'll never understand how the biggest software company in the world, which employees so many very intelligent people makes so many foolish technical decisions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hated that. I was running low on disk space, and unable to download some mega huge files, even though I had enough room for them, because I didn't have enough room for two of them at the same time.

Firefox is the way to go.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home