Monday, September 10, 2007

OK, the following post is not respresentitive of my normal level of composure, and it's also quite crass and immature, however I do occasionally feel like letting rip with a rant so here we go...


I.T., the HOME of FUCKING MORONS!

Sorry for the language, sorry for bagging what amounts to charitable works, but all that aside, some I.T. people will NEVER GET I.T.!

KIFSS, please, never forget, never ever forget.

My eclipse installation stopped working because of some bad plugin, there is no way a now casual eclipse user will ever be able to figure out problems with plugins so I decided to reinstall the IDE.

Hmmm, first stop eclipse.org

Hmmm, it autodetects the 'best' mirror and starts the download, in my case, pacific.net.au.

Ok, I'm sure that will work.

But, after 10 mins of "..." scanning

"The file eclipse-jee-europa-win32.zip is downloading.
After the download is complete, the file will be scanned.
Navigating to another page will interrupt the download, which will then need to be restarted from the beginning.
There is a violation of administrative setting or malicious content found in http://mirror.pacific.net.au/eclipse/technology/epp/downloads/release/20070702/eclipse-jee-europa-win32.zip. The affected file was deleted.

Security warning Exceed_File_Count_Limit in file eclipse-jee-europa-win32.zip.The non-cleanable file is deleted."

HUH? FUCK FUCK FUCK. How the FUCK can that make sense. How fucken stupid are the people who agreeded to mirror eclipse, but cant sort out false virus scanner reports. Not even a real virus, just too many files in the zip archive.

They run a virus checker EVERY DOWNLOAD, not once on upload like people who KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING. Not only that its a poxy shitfull virus checker that is slow and DOES NOT WORK.

To rub it in, THEIR IS NO OBVIOUS WAY TO CHANGE THE DOWNLOAD MIRROR on the eclipse site!

I recently read the expression, like a Himalayan blackberry infestation in the gut, THAT IS HOW I FEEL NOW. INCOMPETENCE across the tech world is growing like Himalayan blackberry in its climate of choice.

People like me KNOW I.T., it's not that hard to get things right. Keep it simple. Don't mess woth things that work. But I'm in the minority, people like these dicks get to run the majority of the internet and doesn't it fucken show in this case. Although I'm sure most of the time it doesn't show, and the effects of the technical morons are slowly accumulating like lime drippings on a stalagmite until one day, network Armageddon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n John said...

I couldn't help but read that last word in your post in a high, squeaky voice. "Aaah-ma-ged'n!"

Aah, those Lemmings were such cute little fellas when they clutched their little heads, shook their little bodies, then exploded into tiny, little pixels.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home