Saturday, March 17, 2007

So anyway, I'm sitting in a 5 star hotel in Chennai India, getting a little tired on Auto Rickshaw rides to shopping centres, cable tv, newspapers, books and TV on my laptop my mind understandably started wandering, pondering and such.

Imagine if Jesus was alive today, how would God communicate with us?

Unlikey to be 'Angels', thats a message format from a long past era.

Maybe it would be via anonymous email that passed through our Spam filters? Is that paranormal enough? Would anyone listen? Does anyone really care about the spiritual in this age?

I once had a thought that people who dont believe in God dont have Souls, they are sort of Automatons, looking like humans but not really. But I'm allways thinking about my beliefs, and why I might have them. All we know for sure is what Descartes said, but I've been reading a book called 'Phantoms in the Brain' mostly by V.S.Ramachandran which has a very interesting chapter called 'God and the Limbic System' wherein he describes people who have suffered damage to a particular area of the brain ( temporal lobe ) and subsequently have hightened religious experiences.

Not enough to convince me, but thats the beauty of my beliefs, built-in resilience to any scientific advances.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n John said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Cap'n John said...

I loved your answer when we asked you about the oath you took at your wedding, that there is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet. You said you could say it with absolute faith because you did believe that there is only one God and Muhammad is his prophet. The catch being that the phrase does not name God, so all you have to believe is that Muhammad is a prophet of God.

Personally I believe you are correct; there is only one God. I also believe that we all worship the same God, even if we have a different name for him, unless of course you're a Cultist and worship Satan. Even Wiccans and Druids who worship Gaia or the Earth Mother worship, I believe, the same God, again just by a different name. After all, He (or She) is the Creator.

I'm not sure what I am any more. I still get a kick out of singing Christian songs, and believe that doing so is singing praise to my Lord, but I no longer believe that the teachings of the Christian Church are the true teachings of my Lord. Oh, I'm sure there's some truth in the Bible, but when we use the Pine or Fir Tree to celebrate Christmas at the same time of the year as the Druids recognize the Winter Solstice, and also with a Pine or Fir Tree, well, I start to have my doubts.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home